web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] If this is what they do to students, imagine what they do to

From: David Grant
Subject: [Web-trans] If this is what they do to students, imagine what they do to teachers!
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:41:00 +1000

Read the press release below, then call or write Governor
Schwarzenegger
and tell him this ain't cool with you!

916-445-2841
http://www.govmail.ca.gov/

Feel free to pass this on.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

LA Law: Injured Student Keeps Promise

Los Angeles, October 6 2004 – A Los Angeles student injured at
school has turned www.jacobsandsolomon.com into an adult web site.
Jacobs and Solomon is the law firm retained by LA Unified School
District.

The former student suffered the loss of his left leg and severe
damage to his right leg when an explosion occurred on an LA school
campus
in April 1995. The full time student was deemed an employee of the
school under
California law, specifically Labor Code Section 3368.

"We are getting a very positive response. In the first week of
operation we have an average of 150 visitors per day. We are
dedicated
to making this a quality adult web site for the gay community. Our
projections
indicate we will get 15,000 unique visitors by the end of the first
month."

Judge Marilyn K. Ward determined LAUSD was 100% at fault when the
school
district filed a claim against the student seeking a determination of

fault, hoping to reduce their liability.

“I paid, and the school district accepted $5,000.00 to settle a
complex
civil suit. Since they repudiated the civil agreement, and were
found
100% at fault, don’t I deserve to get my money back?”

In a clear illustration of LAUSD's bad faith practices, LAUSD refused
pay for a pull sock, a necessary $70 medical expense.

“After being ignored for over a year I had no choice but to file
another claim with the worker's comp court, which was eventually
awarded.
Even after I got a court order they refused to pay claiming they did
not have
the manufacturer's tax ID number! What a lame excuse!”

Last week, www.royromer.com was turned into an adult web site
marketed towards
the gay community. Roy Romer is the Superintendent of the Los Angeles
Unified
School District, former Governor of Colorado, and former
Chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

David Michael Grant
address@hidden

http://www.zevyaroslavsky.com
http://www.jeffreylinnetz.com
http://www.deanstringfellow.com
http://www.rhodorajaramillo.com
http://www.jacobsandsolomon.com
http://www.royromer.com

I am going through hell in Worker’s Comp. I refuse to become a victim,

and here's what I'm doing about it!

Every week from now on, another jackass in California will
be honored with an adult web site. They don't pay medical bills,
so these sites will make the money for me.

http://www.zevyaroslavsky.com – A brief description of the story can
be
found here.

http://www.jeffreylinnetz.com - A chronology of the story and all