web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] [gnu.org #212147] Broken link

From: Ofer Waldman via RT
Subject: [Web-trans] [gnu.org #212147] Broken link
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:19:19 -0400

The translations list on
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/

Is an old and unneeded replication of the more updated list in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html

This duality makes it easy for errors to be created.
Unless there is a special reason (which I don't know of) for the two
lists to be separated, I believe
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/#translationsGFDL should include a link to
the more updated list, and not a list of it's own.

If I remember correctly, the issue was raised before and for some
reason was not treated.

I believe the old list can be ran over by the link to the new list, as
it is clearly outdated.

If you think this task is beyond the webmasters responsibility, and
demands for translation coordinators involvement, please let us know.

In case there is some reason not to create the mentioned link, please
notify us, and I'll take care of updating the link to the hebrew
translation.

Thanks.
--
salut!