web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] [gnu.org #211821] Re: [Savannah-hackers] TarGNUm project web

From: Derek Chen-Becker via RT
Subject: [Web-trans] [gnu.org #211821] Re: [Savannah-hackers] TarGNUm project webpage
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:57:53 -0400

> address@hidden - Tue Oct 05 14:15:16 2004]:
>
> GNU Webmasters,
>
> Could you tell us what is the layout for translation projects?
>
> Especially:
>
> - The standard location of the team webpages (I saw
> www.gnu.org/spanish/ and the less appropriate
> www.gnu.org/software/chinese/)

It seems like there should be some standard layout, but unfortunately I
don't think this is the case. Since the translators should have full
access to the whole site anyways, they shouldn't have to sit inside the
/software tree. I'll discuss this with the other webmasters and the
translation coordinator.

> - The way you update translated pages from the translation project to
> project 'www'.

They use CVS just like we do. All of the pages site inside the
www.gnu.org repository.

> This will help us to understand how the www.gnu.org translations work
> and deal with translation projects at Savannah.
>
> Incidentally, do you know about http://targnum.gnu.org.il ?

No, and I can't resolve an IP for that name.

Derek