web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Sun. 10-17-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Sun. 10-17-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:25:34 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL   SUNDAY OCTOBER 17, 2004
(Ephesians 5:28, Ephesians 6:2,  Ephesians 6:4)

***TUESDAY OCTOBER 19TH, THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL DEVOTIONAL DEDICATED TO THE
UPCOMING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.  THE OFFICES OF BOTH CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN
CONTACTED TO SUPPLY A TESTIMONY OF THEIR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHICH WILL BE
INCLUDED.  ALSO, I WILL COMMENT ON THE RESPONSES BY BOTH CANDIDATES TO THE
SPIRITUAL ISSUES RAISED IN THE RECENT SERIES OF PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES.  DON'T
MISS IT!

MAKE THE TIME AND EFFORT to spend time with those that you love.
One of the greatest tragedies in this life is the time that we DON'T spend
with
those we love the most, those that God has given us to share this journey
with.
***I WANT TO CHALLENGE YOU TODAY.  MAKE THE TIME, MAKE THE EFFORT TO TAKE
ONE DAY, AND SPEND IT WITH THOSE THAT YOU LOVE!!!  The fact is, you HAVE the
time.  As the Nike commercial says, JUST
DO IT!

It may be a day alone with your wife or husband.  It may be a day with your
children.  It may be time with your father and/or mother.  It may be a day
with a grandparent, or an aunt, or an uncle.  It may be a day with a close
friend.  THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT GOD GIVES US PEOPLE TO INTIMATELY SHARE
THIS BRIEF JOURNEY OF LIFE WITH.  SADLY,
THESE ARE OFTEN THE PEOPLE THAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED THE MOST!!!

One thing I can guarantee you.  EVERY person one day will die.  Only God
knows when that day is.  When a person dies, they are not coming back, so we
must NEVER neglect this brief time that we have together.  IT IS A GIFT FROM
GOD!!!

Listen, I understand the day to day reality of life.  Work, deadlines,
responsibilities, commitments.  I UNDERSTAND ALL OF THAT.  But let me ask
you a question.  If you get sick today, maybe serious enough that you have
to go to the hospital for a day or two, what will happen?  When you get out,
get better, you catch up and keep moving forward at work, at school, in the
various responsibilities and commitments that you have in your life.

Last year, I remember one VERY busy day.  It was tightly scheduled as most
every day is for me.  But as I was driving back from a meeting, someone
driving carelessly rear-ended my car.  Thankfully, nobody was injured, but
the entire process took close to 3 hours before I could get back to my
office and resume my day.  THE POINT IS, WE HAVE THE TIME IF WE
WANT TO MAKE THE TIME!!!!

Here is what I am advising you to do.  TAKE  ONE FULL DAY.   FORGET
WORK, FORGET SCHOOL, FORGET WHATEVER YOU WOULD NORMALLY DO THAT DAY AND
SPEND IT WITH SOMEONE THAT YOU CARE
DEEPLY ABOUT.  Go take a drive somewhere, do something you both want
to do, goof off, LEAVE THE CELL PHONE AND THE PAGER HOME!!!!!
Take one day and simply spend it with someone that you love.  It won't
destroy
your career, it won't destroy your schooling, it won't make you
irresponsible.

This life is very short.  We only have a limited number of days to live.
God gives us a few people that we love and are close to, to share this
journey with. It is critical that we pick our spots and spend time with
them.  Trust me, one day they will be gone and you will wish they were
here!!!  So enjoy those people that God gives us to walk through this life
with while we can!!!

I love you and care about you so much.  I have preached too many funerals, I
have been in too many hospital rooms over the last 14 years when people were
wishing that they had more time to spend with those they love.  WE TAKE TIME
FOR GRANTED.  WE TAKE THE PEOPLE WE ARE CLOSEST TO IN
THIS LIFE FOR GRANTED.  This is a chance for YOU to be in control, for
YOU to take some of the precious time God has given you, to enjoy those that
He has given you to share this life with.

I will be praying for you today.  I pray that these words do not fall on
deaf ears, or go unheeded.  Life always has emergencies that make us change
our normal daily schedule.  SPENDING ONE DAY WITH SOMEONE THAT
YOU LOVE WHO WILL BE GONE ONE DAY IS AN EMERGENCY!!!
Don't take them, or the time God gives you for granted.  When they are gone,
it will be too late. So do it NOW!!!

We can say "I love you" very easy.  However it takes time and effort to SHOW
someone that you love them.  TAKE THE TIME, MAKE THE EFFORT TODAY....THERE
MAY NOT BE A TOMORROW!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.