web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Sun. 10-24-2004)Liveprayer.co

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Sun. 10-24-2004)Liveprayer.co
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:11:38 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL   SUNDAY OCTOBER 24, 2004
(1 Timothy 5:14)

***A CALL TO PRAYER!  In 2000, Liveprayer mobilized over 1.5 million people
to pray for the elections and that God would allow to rise to power men and
women who would follow His heart.  Over 3 million prayed and fasted 40 days
for our nation and its leaders earlier this year.  I am calling on everyone
who is part of the Liveprayer family to pray and fast as led during these
next two weeks that God will bring men and women into office who will uphold
Biblical standards as they lead our nation.  May we repent of our gross
wickedness, turn from our sins, and once again turn back to God before He
completely removes His hand of blessing from our land and we suffer His
wrath.

Glorifying having a baby out of wedlock.  Sadly, the church, para-church
ministries, men and women of God, have done a very poor job of getting the
message of God to those who need it most...this lost and hurting world in
which we live in.  One 30 minute episode of Friends has more impact on our
overall culture than all of the Christian media combined does in a month!

That is why from time to time, I feel compelled to respond to messages that
are being put forth by the secular media as wholesome and acceptable.
Friends was one of television's most popular programs.  Last year, the
character played by Jennifer Aniston had a baby out of wedlock.  While this
is a FAR too common occurrence in our society, it was the 'GLORIFICATION' of
that event that I want to address today.

God, through His Word, is very specific about HIS plan for family.  One man,
one woman, for one lifetime.  The man and woman having separate, but equal
roles in the marriage.  A by-product of that marriage are children that they
train up in the admonition of the Lord.  All other models are perversions of
God's perfect, intended plan.

PLEASE HEAR ME CLEARLY.  THERE ARE MANY REASONS FOR A PERVERSION OF GOD'S
INTENDED PLAN, AND OUR GOD IS STILL ABLE TO BLESS THOSE NOT IN "PERFECT" SIT
UATIONS WHEN THE HEARTS OF THOSE INVOLVED ARE TENDER TOWARDS HIM!

But my main point today is that to intentionally go outside of God's  plan
for a family, like a woman  CHOOSING to have a child out of wedlock, is a
horrible choice to make for both the mother, and the innocent child
involved!

Let me take this opportunity to say to all of those who read this that got
caught up in sin, made a poor choice to have sex without being married, and
became pregnant.  God is a God of grace and mercy.  Even in our sinfulness,
God loves us, and can turn our sin into HIS blessings.  However, that ONLY
happens when we acknowledge our sin, ask God to forgive us, and begin from
that point forward to do it HIS way.  When you make that choice, God can and
will bless you, no matter what your circumstances may be.

A special note to those young women who may have sinned and are pregnant.
You have two, TWO, options.  Keep the baby, or give the baby up for
adoption.  These are the ONLY two choices.  Abortion is murder.  To have an
abortion is simply compounding your initial sin.  Trust me, as LONG AS YOU
LIVE, the choice to kill your baby will be with you.  Having counseled
thousands of women who have had an abortion, the FACT the women's movements,
the pro-death (choice) movement conveniently forget to tell you, is that you
will never.....EVER....forget this incident in your life.

Thankfully, we serve a loving and merciful God.  Like ALL sin, when we
repent, turn from our sin, and live for God, He can extend the grace
necessary to continue a productive life.  But a consequence of the sin of
abortion is that you will never forget it happened!

Another common sin that I deal with daily, is the incredible desire by a
woman who becomes pregnant to "marry the father of the baby."  Again, in
almost ALL cases, you are simply compounding your sin.  Getting married
because you are pregnant is one of the absolute WORST reasons there is to
get married!  I can almost insure you that the man who got you pregnant, is
most likely NOT the man God wants you to spend the rest of your life with.

NO MAN OF GOD, WHO IS WALKING WITH THE LORD, WHO IS THE SPIRITUAL HEAD OF
YOUR RELATIONSHIP AS GOD CALLS THE MAN TO BE, WOULD HAVE EVER SLEPT WITH YOU
IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!  I am not making a blanket condemnation of all men
who sin in this way, but in most every case, a man who is willing to sleep
with a woman out of the bonds of marriage, is NOT the man God wants you to
spend the rest of your life with.

I love you and care about you so much.  GOD LOVES YOU EVEN MORE!  If you are
currently pregnant out of the bonds of marriage, your first need is to get
right with God.  Go to God's promise in 1 John 1:9, and get right with God.
DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MARRIAGE UNTIL YOU CAN BE ASSURED IT IS GOD'S WILL FOR
YOUR LIFE.  It may be a situation where putting your baby up for adoption is
the best alternative.

Pray, get lots of wise counsel, and God will guide you and direct you.  For
those single moms out there who have already lived through the birth of
your child, again, getting right with God is your first step.  Know that God
can, and will bless you and your child in incredible ways if you are willing
to submit to Him.

For those young adults who have not had this experience.....LISTEN!!!!!!
God is speaking to you today.  There are CONSEQUENCES when you sin.  LIFE
CHANGING CONSEQUENCES!!!  Do it God's way.  Let God bring the right mate
into your life, get married, then have children in accordance with God's
perfect plan.

In closing, never forget that secular television has NO CONSCIENCE.  It
simply portrays the message our modern culture finds appealing, regardless
of how God feels.  Having a baby out of wedlock is NOT a glamorous
experience!!!  It takes sin to accomplish, and those who are unrepentant,
face incredible challenges that ultimately harm the child involved.  As I
say so often, when you do it your way, it NEVER works.  When you do it God's
way...it ALWAYS WORKS!!!!  I will be praying today, that you choose to do it
God's way!!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.