web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Mon. 10-25-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Mon. 10-25-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:58:50 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL      MONDAY OCTOBER 25, 2004
(2 Thessalonians 3:2, John 12:48, 2 Corinthians 4:4, John 3:11, John 8:24)

***A CALL TO PRAYER!  In 2000, Liveprayer mobilized over 1.5 million people
to pray for the elections and that God would allow to rise to power men and
women who would follow His heart.  Over 3 million prayed and fasted 40 days
for our nation and its leaders earlier this year.  I am calling on everyone
who is part of the Liveprayer family to pray and fast as led during these
next two weeks that God will bring men and women into office who will uphold
Biblical standards as they lead our nation.  May we repent of our gross
wickedness, turn from our sins, and once again turn back to God before He
completely removes His hand of blessing from our land and we suffer His
wrath.

Why the lost are so angry at Christians.  In the course of your day to day
life, as you have opportunities to share Christ with people you meet, know
up front that many who are not Christians will get angry with you for even
mentioning the name of Jesus Christ.  This anger stems from the fact that
those who are lost, deep, deep, down, know that something is missing in
their life.

When God created Adam, He created Adam in perfection and with a spiritual
connection to God.  One of the byproducts of Adam's sin was that spiritual
connection with God was broken.  There was now a gulf between man and God
due to man's sin.  Since each person is born with sin, they are born with a
void in their life that only being reconnected to God can fill.

This is why people get involved with drugs, with alcohol, with gambling,
with sex, or become addicted to work and success.  This is why so many
people get lost in cults and the false religions of this world.  There is a
void in a person's life that subconsciously they know is there and are
trying to fill.  I want to tell you today that this void can ONLY be filled
by reconnecting to God.  The Good News today is that God loves us so much,
He sent Jesus to die for OUR sins so that by putting our faith in Him, we
could be reconnected with God and that void in our life would be filled.

That is why a Christian can know joy, despite the pain life has to offer.
That is why a Christian can know peace, even in the midst of the fiercest
trials.  That is why a Christian can enjoy the abundance of this life, even
when there is no abundance by this world's standards.  The joy, the peace,
the abundance of this life comes from having a personal relationship with
Jesus Christ, and being reconnected with God our Creator.

THAT is why the lost are so angry at Christians.  They have rejected God's
free gift of everlasting life through Jesus Christ and look to the things of
this world to try and fill the void only God can fill.  From time to time,
they must justify in their own mind their rejection of Christ.  The way they
normally do this is by attacking the Bible, since it is God's Word that
condemns them.

They always ask about who Cain and Abel married (their sisters, it was when
God gave the law to Moses that incest was forbidden), they always ask about
the dinosaurs (they were created with the animals and became extinct during
the flood of Noah), how people could live to be 900 years old (man was
originally created to live forever, and as the generations went on the age
of man decreased), and numerous other questions that in many cases only God
can answer.  They also point out what may appear to be contradictions in the
Bible.  Let me assure you, there are NO, ZERO, NADA contradictions in the
Bible.

All of this is done to try and minimize and discredit the Bible from being
God's inspired, inerrant Word, representing absolute truth, and our final
authority in all matters.  Again, it is God's Word that condemns them for
their rebellion, so of course it is God's Word they attack.  My advice is to
visit a local Christian bookstore and you will find many books that explain
in depth why the Bible really is the Word of God and perfect in every way.

I love you and care about you so much.  I realize the anger of the lost
keeps many people from sharing their faith.  Never forget, they are angry at
God, NOT you.  Your job is simply to tell them the truth, and share with
them the hope and love of Christ.  What they choose to do with that truth is
then between them and God.

Also, don't be intimidated by their questions.  If you know the answer, tell
them, if you don't, tell them you don't.  SOMEONE THAT IS LOST AND
SIMPLY TRYING TO JUSTIFY THEIR REJECTION OF CHRIST WILL
ALWAYS HAVE MORE QUESTIONS THAN YOU WILL EVER HAVE
ANSWERS.  I have never in over 14 years, having dealt with tens of thousands
of people, EVER had a person asking a string of questions say, "OK, I am
glad
you answered that for me, now I will believe."  You will never win a debate
with
someone that is lost since they have no desire to accept what you are
saying.
Your time is best spent praying for these people rather than debating them.

Many people you meet however, will be honestly open to looking into having a
relationship with Christ.  Trust me, you will know who these people are.  Do
your best to answer their questions, and don't hesitate to get others
involved in helping you out.  But, never forget that how you live your life
and what Christ has done in your life will always be your most effective and
powerful witness to others.

I will be praying for you today.  God has given us a commandment, not a
suggestion to share our faith in Christ with this hurting and lost world.
We have the only answer there is.  The void in the lives of people that has
been created by sin can only be filled by accepting Jesus Christ which
reconnects a person to God their Creator.  Those who choose to reject Christ
are angry because they have a hole in their life only HE can fill.

If you want to fill that void in your life today, if you want to be
reconnected to God your Creator today, you have the opportunity right now.
Simply pray and ask God to open your heart, and read the words at this link,
http://www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html .

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.