web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Fri. 10-29-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Fri. 10-29-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:06:07 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL     FRIDAY OCTOBER 29, 2004
(Romans 8:1, 5, 9, 13, Galatians 5:16-18, *Galatians 2:20)

***A CALL TO PRAYER!  In 2000, Liveprayer mobilized over 1.5 million people
to pray for the elections and that God would allow to rise to power men and
women who would follow His heart.  Over 3 million prayed and fasted 40 days
for our nation and its leaders earlier this year.  I am calling on everyone
who is part of the Liveprayer family to pray and fast as led during these
next few days that God will bring men and women into office who will uphold
Biblical standards as they lead our nation.  May we repent of our gross
wickedness, turn from our sins, and once again turn back to God before He
completely removes His hand of blessing from our land and we suffer His
wrath.

***SPECIAL ELECTION DEVOTIONALS!   Do not miss the re-air of a sobering
2-part Devotional, "The United States is no longer a Christian Nation" this
Saturday and Sunday, followed Monday by a powerful Devotional on
"Leadership, political versus spiritual," and finally next Tuesday with a
special "word" for our nation.

Walking in the SPIRIT, not the flesh.  Two of the great historical events in
1918 were the sinking of the Titanic and the Boston Red Sox winning
baseball's World Series.  After 86 years, the Red Sox have once again won
the World Series, sweeping the St. Louis Cardinals 4 games to none.  To even
get to the World Series, Boston had to do something no team in the history
of baseball had ever done, come back from an 0-3
deficit in a best of 7 series to win the American League Championship over
their arch rival New York Yankees.

After winning the 6th game of that historic series with the Yankess, Boston
pitcher Curt Schilling who had been playing with an injured ankle gave an
incredible testimony of Christ's strength.  "Seven years ago I became a
Christian, and tonight God did something amazing for me. I tried to be as
tough as I could, and do it my way, Game 1, and I think we all saw how that
turned out (Schilling was hit hard and lost the game). I knew that I wasn't
going to be able to do this alone. And I prayed as hard as I could. I didn't
pray to get a win or to make great pitches. I just prayed for the strength
to go out there tonight and compete, and He gave me that. I can't explain to
you what a feeling it was to be out there and to feel what I felt."  What
Curt was talking about was operating in God's strength, not his own.  He was
talking about what the Bible calls walking in the Sprit, not the flesh.

I am always amazed to find out who some of the 2 million people who
subscribe to the Daily Devotional are.  About a year ago I responded to an
email from one subscriber who is a caddy on the PGA Tour.  The PGA is in the
Tampa area this weekend and I had a chance to spend some time the last few
nights with Steve and several other caddies along with some of the players
who are Christians and love the Lord.  God has His people everywhere, and
Jesus is WELL represented in professional golf.  As we were talking about
different issues the other night, one of the men brought up Schilling's
testimony and asked me what it really meant to allow God to have complete
control over our life.  He
wanted to know how we do that in our day to day life.

I shared with them that this is exactly what Paul was talking about in
Galatians 2 when He spoke of dying to self daily.  It is the conscious act
of dying to self and allowing the power of the Holy Spirit that indwells
every Believer to have control over you.  It is NOT a natural act and is
something you must consciously do every day.  We have to practice every day
following the Lord until it becomes part of our daily life and who we are.
The fact is, we practice sin until it becomes natural.  Nobody wakes up one
morning and decides to be an alcoholic, or drug addict, or engage in sex
outside of marriage.  We make the choice to commit sin and we "practice"
sinning over and over until it becomes almost instinctive and part of our
life.

Walking in the Spirit, allowing God to have control over our life at all
times is also something we have to practice.  We have to wake up each
morning and consciously yield our lives to Christ.  We have to pray and read
the Word, spend time each day building up our relationship with the Lord.
Over time, it starts to become instinctive, natural to walk in the Sprit
instead of in the flesh.  We become used to allowing God to guide our
choices throughout the day.  *You see my friend, when it is us, it doesn't
work.  When it is God, it works!!!

I love you and care about you so much.  I am praying for you today to make
that conscious choice each day to follow Paul's admonition to walk after the
Spirit and not the flesh.  It is amazing how incredibly easy life can become
when we are living each day in HIS strength and not our own.  When we allow
the Holy Sprit to guide us through the day, there is a peace and a calm
regardless whatever problems may arise.  When God is in control, at the end
of the day you aren't physically drained like you have been up for 72 hours
without any sleep.  Again, when God is in control of our life, we are
operating in His strength, not ours.  May you walk each day not in the
flesh, but IN THE SPIRIT!

 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives
in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who
loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (NIV)

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.