wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Implement the dot progress bar (#342)

From: DalmeGNU (@DalmeGNU)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Implement the dot progress bar (#342)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 17:48:27 +0000

DalmeGNU commented:

What do we expect to be the behavior of the dot bar when downloading more than
1 file at the same time?

If it behaves like the "usual" bar (this is, just having more than one dot bar
on the screen) then this won't work when output is a text file (which is one of
the cases stated above). If we just have a "global" dot bar amounting for all
the files we download, the percentages that are showed at the end of every line
should be removed, as anything displayed there could be misleading

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/342#note_991264932