ww-tedit-dev

[ww-tedit-dev] Moving to cmake

From: Tzvetan Mikov
Subject: [ww-tedit-dev] Moving to cmake
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:12:28 -0700

I am looking into using cmake for my own projects and it seems like I
just found one thing that could be a significant problem with it. At
this time it doesn't seem to support cross-compilation ! I have
searched mailing lists and so on, but it seems that it isn't
supported.

Check out this very recent thread:

And this cmake bug report:
 http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=14
You will notice that it is there since 2003, has just one vote and is
marked as Low priority. So, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I think it is very important to be able to cross-build the editor for
Win32 from Linux+mingw and even test the Win32 version with Wine. Full
ww development could be done under Linux with mingw and wine.

I guess we can achieve that by editing the existing Linux/Cygwin
makefile to support Mingw and forget about NMAKE entirely.