wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] RE: wxRuby

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] RE: wxRuby
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 02:52:04 -0800

Markus Jais wrote:

> Daniel Carrera wrote:
>
> > Is there any source code for wxRuby anywhere?
> >
> > The Sourceforge page is empty.
>
> hello
> I think there is another project here:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/wxruby
>
> do not know what the status is, it sees very new.
>
> markus

Work on wxRuby has been on hold since October while I/we have focused on
getting the first release of FreeRIDE out the door. We currently have a very
basic version of wxRuby working under Windows (but with bugs), and it has
not yet been ported/tested on any other platform.

The original motivation for starting wxRuby was and still is because we need
it for FreeRIDE. However,
it is possible that FOX may acquire the missing pisses of functionality that
FreeRIDE
needs (Mac support and I18N support) before wxRuby is finished. If that
happens we might turn over wxRuby development to others so that we can
continue to focus on FreeRIDE.

Curt