wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] wxRuby - How Do We Proceed?

From: Park Heesob
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] wxRuby - How Do We Proceed?
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 20:55:34 +0900

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Hibbs" <address@hidden>
To: "wxRuby" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 6:09 PM
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] wxRuby - How Do We Proceed?

> First off, let me correct the statement I made in my earlier post. I had
> said that Park's wxRuby was a port of wxPython. Originally that was true,
> but the current version was done independently.
>
> As I have been saying for quite a while, the main problem we have with had
> the wxRuby project is finding someone with the time and bandwidth to take
> primary ownership of the project to move it forward. The last time I posed
> this question (4-8-2003), no one responded.
>
> Park, do you plan to fill this role? If not, I would ask the same question
> of Kevin?

I will manage my own CVS at  http://sourceforge.jp/projects/wxruby for a
while.
I will make the initial wxRuby version.

> I can still act as an administrator, facilitator, and tester (writing a
> FreeRIDE plugin to use wxRuby as its GUI renderer), but I won't be able to
> do any actual wxRuby development.
>
> Here's what I think needs to be done:
>
> 1) Determine who is going to be the technical lead for this project.
>
> 2) Delete the old wxRuby source code from the CVS repository (it is
> currently Park's old wxPython port. The CVS repository is located at:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/index.php?group=wxruby
>
> 3) Check in Park's new source code.
>
> 4) Migrate to Kevin's template approach (if there are no objections).
>
> 5) Determine what still remains to be done before I begin writing a wxRuby
> renderer for FreeRIDE.
>
> 6) Anything else???
>
> In any case, I really want to get a designated technical lead in place.
So,
> please respond if you want to fill that role.

I agree with you.
But I don't want to manage the whole wxRuby project.
I won't be able to do documentation and porting to other platforms.
Are there anybody who is willing to debug ,document or porting?

> Thank you,
> Curt

Regards,
Park Heesob