wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Status report

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Status report
Date: 31 May 2003 10:54:12 -0700

Today I bumped the savannah project status up from "planning" to
"pre-alpha".

This past week, I have been doing minor refactoring that will generally
make it easier to move forward. Mostly, I have been moving code out of
.h files and into .cpp files.

Originally I thought I would end up with a bunch of code in the .h files
as a result of my template process. Later, I realized it was better for
several reasons to keep the code in the .cpp file, and it turned out to
be easy to do with templates once I had the right model.

This weekend, I hope to have each class able to define itself, which
will mean that wx.cpp won't have to include the world. This is important
to cut compile times as I fiddle with individual classes.

After that, I'll get back to templatizing more classes.

Kevin