wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Group vote on naming questions

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Group vote on naming questions
Date: 21 Jun 2003 10:29:28 -0700

I would like a "group vote" on some naming issues. Ideally the core
people would respond this weekend, so I can completely finish the naming
transformation this weekend. Here are the questions:

----
1. Currently, the library is named 'wxruby', but the module is named
'Wx'. This means you might say:

require 'wxruby'
include 'Wx'

I think 'wxruby' is perfect.

I think the module name should remain 'Wx', because it should start with
an upper case letter, and should be mixed-case. I guess 'WxRuby' would
be an option, but it seems too long if you choose not to use include and
have to use WxRuby::... everywhere.

Please vote for 'Wx', 'WxRuby', or something else.

----
2. Currently, classes are named like WxWindow, so you would either refer
to them as:

include 'Wx'
WxWindow.new(...)

or just

Wx::WxWindow.new(...)

This seems redundant to me, so I would like to rename them to just
Window instead of WxWindow. Ok?

----
3. Currently, global constants are named like WxSUNKEN_BORDER.

This also seems redundant to me, so I would like to rename them to just
SUNKEN_BORDER? Ok?
If not, it still seems like inconsistent case usage, so how about
WX_SUNKEN_BORDER?

----

Thanks!

Kevin