wxruby-dev

RE: [Wxruby-dev] Summary of naming problems

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [Wxruby-dev] Summary of naming problems
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:20:48 -0500

Kevin Smith wrote:

[snip]

> But this means that if they grab a wxWindows book off the shelf, or if
> they are trying to use a wxPython program as a sample, they will always
> have to perform the mental translation themselves.
>
> When working with the RubyGTK library, I really appreciated being able
> to use any of the C documents out on the web.

After thinking about all the previous comments, I've come to agree with
this. For now, its enough work just to write the code, and it would be
better not to simultaneously make the documentation and issue as well.

Change my vote to sick as close as possible to the existing wxWindows
documentation.

> Maybe the best answer is to provide GetPosition and get_position (and
> perhaps getPosition), as aliases of each other.

I wouldn't do this, at least not yet. Just do the simple straight-forward
approach. Later, when someone is really motivated, they can create a
rubyesque wrapper along with documentation for it.

Curt