wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Summary of naming problems

From: Richard Kilmer
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Summary of naming problems
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:56:10 -0400

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 12:35  AM, Kevin Smith wrote:

Rich and Curt now agree on ruby style, and I'm willing to go along. And
I think we have a consensus that we will discourage global including of
Wx and encourage the use of Wx:: (or Wx.). So here's the latest proposal
on the table:

CLASS
 Wx::Window

CLASS METHOD
 get_position

GLOBAL METHOD
 Wx.message_box
 Wx.evt_menu

CONSTANT, PRE-DEFINED OBJECT, PTR TO PRE-DEFINED OBJECT
 Wx::SUNKEN_BORDER
 Wx::LIGHT_GREY
 Wx::NULL_COLOUR
 Wx::DEFAULT_POSITION
 Wx::K_TAB

I think I can live with that. And it means I don't have to undo anything
I've already done (Yea!).

Kevin

And I will work on transforming/emitting the documentation...

So we get a documented, rubyesque, cross-platform, awesome UI framework!

I (for one) cannot wait!

-rich