wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Upcoming Alpha Release?

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Upcoming Alpha Release?
Date: 25 Jun 2003 08:46:28 -0700

I think I can be ready for an Alpha release this weekend. As far as I
know, the only coding that has to be done before we release is finishing
the "big renaming". Ideally we would also update the sample to
demonstrate our recommended coding patterns (no global include).

I propose we release these packages:

1. Linux binary (wxruby.so). Eventually I would like it to be statically
linked with wxWindows, but maybe not for this version. Eventually I
would like to add .RPM and .DEB packages, but those can wait!

2. Windows binary (wxruby.so). We should only release this if we
(someone other than me) can build and test it. Again, I would prefer
that it statically link wxWindows.

3. Samples (the samples/ directory).

4. Source (the src/ directory). I'm not sure this is absolutely
necessary--maybe we could require people to use CVS access to get the
source code.

Every package will also have to include a README and the license, of
course.

I'm not that familiar with Savannah, and would prefer to stay focused on
the coding. So can one of you (Curt? Rich?) take the lead on the
packaging issues?

Kevin