wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Re: WxRuby status?

From: Richard Kilmer
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Re: WxRuby status?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:09:32 -0400

Things are progressing great. Kevin Smith has taken the development lead and made significant progress in the creation of a functional Ruby-WxWindows library using a templating approach w/out SWIG. An Alpha release is being finalized after a discussion on the best naming convention when wrapping the underlying Wx classes/methods/constants. By consensus we decided to adopt a Rubyesque (underscore_methods) convention, and generate documentation accordingly. Kevin is now busy finalizing that name change, and updating the samples. Once the code is ready, Kevin will produce a binary for Linux, and Curt Hibbs will build a binary for Win32. I am going to try and build one for OS X.

The WxRuby project is using Savannah so the code, et al is in CVS at:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/wxruby/

And there is a Wiki located here (although not updated too often right now...busy coding!):

http://www.wxruby.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

There is some old code in the CVS repository that will be removed soon. The two directories under CVS that contain the active code are 'src' and 'samples'. Once cleaned up, these and a few others (doc, etc) will be left. If you check out the CVS tree, just ignore the other directories for now.

Once the files are released (for Alpha) they will be located on the Savannah project page and we will make an announcement here (and on RAA).

Best,

-Rich