wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Weekend status

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Weekend status
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:05:17 +0200

Kevin Smith (address@hidden) wrote:

Hi Kevin!

I'm so happy that you are putting so much energy to bring out wxruby and I'm
sure it
is a great service to Ruby community since it will drag many new souls to Ruby
& wx
programming.

> I actually need mouse events myself, because I'm porting my Space Monkeys
> game to wxruby. I originally wrote it with GTK, then ported it to FLTK, and
> now to wx. It's going pretty well, but I can also see that the current way we
> hook events is really cumbersome. We'll need to come up with a more rubyesque
> method really soon!

Since you are familiar with GTK, FLTK & wx, how would you compare them in
pro & cons terms?

> Anyway, aside from this new feature, I still think the library code is ready
> for alpha release.

Great news!

I hope I'd be able to help, at least,  with some testing.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour