xbindkeys-devel

xbindkeys with mouse click doesn't allow the system to see clicks

From: Carlos Mario Suárez
Subject: xbindkeys with mouse click doesn't allow the system to see clicks
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:02:03 -0500

Hi. I'm trying to use xbindkeys to play a sound every time I click.
I set the command in the xbindkeysrc file. I reload xbindkeys and it works.
Problem is that now clicking doesn't work. It only plays the sound.
e.g. I click on menus and buttons on the screen and nothing happens apart from the sound being played.
I tried to work around this by using the release modifier so that the command would trigger only after releasing the mouse button without interfering the clicking, but clicking is still doesn't work
How do I go about this? I'm not using a special mouse with lots of buttons and functions, just a regular usb mouse with 3 buttons. I want everything to work as normal except that every time I left-click I hear a certain sound.
Using xbindkeys 1.8.6-2. Thank you