Re: Fedora 38 problem

From: h . g . muller
Subject: Re: Fedora 38 problem
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 08:24:27 +0200

It is up to the distro maintainers to decide which packages they offer in their repositories. The XBoard developers play o role in this.

But programs that are not in a repository can usually be installed from source. The uci2wb and polyglot in the hgm.nubati.net source repository do contain a Makefile, so I would expect the command

sudo make install

to work for those. These would install the binaries in /usr/local/bin; I don't know if that would be a problem on Fedora (as I never used that).