Re: [XForms] Error loading shared libs

From: Bill Unruh
Subject: Re: [XForms] Error loading shared libs
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 14:26:35 -0700 (PDT)

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ address@hidden
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019, Peter Wiehe wrote:

Hi, list,

I can't get the xforms library to operate. I enter in the shell:

gcc -o gui gui.c -L/usr/local/lib -lforms -lX11

That tells gcc where to find the devel lists of the library. It does not tell
the program whwere to find the runtime library. If libforms.so.xxxx is in
/usr/local/lib, mahe sure that path is in your LIBPATH.

But when I run "./gui" I get the error:

./gui: error while loading shared libraries: libforms.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But the library file exists. What am I doing wrong?

(I use Manjaro Linux and installed the "latest stable" XForms using "./configure", "make", "sudo make install".)

Regards

Peter