xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: Bug in strokes

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: Bug in strokes
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:06:16 +1000

* Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:

  > Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:
  >>
  >> Ok, here is rc2:
  >>
  >> xlib - http://lgarc.narod.ru/xwem/xlib-2.0rc2.tgz
  >> xwem - http://lgarc.narod.ru/xwem/xwem-2.0rc2.tgz
  >>

  > Note: xlib-2.0rc2.tgz will extracts to 'xlib-2.0rc2' directory
  > which you should move to 'xlib' before building.  Same thing with
  > xwem-2.0rc2.tgz.  This is done because to avoid extraction and
  > merging to already existing directory.

Got it... built it... running it... here's my 1st pseudo-problem...

xwem-weather.el... you've been cute with adding a sexy little arc for
the degrees symbol. :-)

In Celsius I get 26°

In Fahrenheit I get 78 F

Which is inconsistent and confusing.  I want...

In Celsius    -- 26°C
In Fahrenheit -- 78°F

I have tried to implement it, but so far my attempts have failed
miserably. :-(

Here's my 1st real problem...

xwem-framei.el is broken!

(defface xwem-framei-face
  `(((destop) (:foreground "green2" :size 28 :family "helvetica"))
    ((embedded-desktop) (:foreground "green2" :size 28 :family "helvetica"))
    ((dedicated) (:foreground "green2" :size 24 :family "fixed"))
    (t (:foreground "green2" :size 28 :family "helvetica")))
  "*Face used to draw frame number."
  :group 'xwem-framei)

That defface doesn't make any sense (to me, at least).  Disregard the
obvious typo ("destop" => "desktop") for the moment, this defface
causes a listp error (listp: destop).  Also, the custom interface
pukes on it, so the definition is definitely broken...

<Xwem Framei Face: (sample) *
   [State]: unknown, you should not see this.
Face used to draw frame number.
Comment:
Parent groups: [Xwem Framei]

2nd problem (consider this one a PEBKAC for now as I haven't looked
into it yet)

I have an extra frame and all my normal frames have moved up one in
the list.  In other words, I now have a new empty frame at frame 0, my
old frame 0 is now frame 1, old frame 1 is now frame 2, etc.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |