yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] parent tag

From: Andera
Subject: [Yafray-devel] parent tag
Date: 10 Jan 2003 09:37:10 +0100

I was trying to export and render a nice animation from Blender (found
time ago on the old nan site). It is a textured
robot walking called Mech.

As yable doesn't support animations, I was trying to export frame by
frame.

I noted that the various part of the object were not positioned the
right place when rendering in yafray.
There was also a displacement between the textures and the mesh...

This is not a bug in yafray, don't worry!

The fact is that meshes are all parented so there is a slide
between the own coordinates and the real coordinates of the object.

But in any case we are not speaking of the coordinates of the object
itself, but about the tranformation that has to be applied to children
object.

The mismatch could be avoided letting yafray to know the tansformation
of the parent...I am thinking of something like:

<object type=... shader=... child/parent of = ...>

What follow is straight (speaking in words) the transform matrix of the
child is multiplied for the parent....if I am not wrong.

It is possible?

This will allow animation to be exported easily....without having to
recalculate the real transf. matrix inside an external exporter....

I think that this can be easily (more or less) done via the python
script, so it is to decide wether or not to add this faeture inside the
renderer or to leave it to external software...

Andrea