yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] Compiling yafray, error in basictex.cc

From: Deuss Mario
Subject: [Yafray-devel] Compiling yafray, error in basictex.cc
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:54:56 +0100

 Hi there,

as I got very interested in the topic of photorealistic rendering and
raytracing in a course at my university, I want
to take a closer look on yafray. First step would be to compile the source, but
I get problems with "line 262 in basictex.cc":

char *ext = strrchr(filename, '.');

I`m compiling it with visual studio 2005, and get the error:

cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Og' has been deprecated and will be re
moved in a future release
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '/Op'
basictex.cc
src\shaders\basictex.cc(262) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
 'const char *' to 'char *'
        Conversion loses qualifiers
scons: *** [src\shaders\basictex.obj] Error 2

As I look up a reference on strrchr, this error makes sense, because filename
is a const char*:

at http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cstring/strrchr.html, strrchr is
declared as following:

const char * strrchr ( const char * str, int character );
      char * strrchr (       char * str, int character );

I tried to add a const: "const char *ext = strrchr(filename, '.');" but then I
get errors with the jpeg_librabry.

To keep it short, I would just be happy, if someone could tell me what to do to
get it compiled.

               thanks, Mario