accessibility

[Accessibility] Re: [Kde-accessibility] focus tracking

From: Jeremy Whiting
Subject: [Accessibility] Re: [Kde-accessibility] focus tracking
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:47:52 -0600

Adding gnome-accessibility and accessibility to the lists as they are the ones with the answers in this regard I believe.

Joanie, we are discussing magnification, and I thought you'd likely know the answer about the api orca/gnome mag uses that Gunnar mentioned here.

Jeremy (connecting the right people since 2009)

2010/6/29 Aaron J. Seigo <address@hidden>
(... removing the e.v. membership list, because technical discussion does not
belong there ...)

On June 28, 2010, Gunnar Schmidt wrote:
> individual user applications, and a special magnification API is used for
> the communication between a screen reader and the magnifier (so that the
> screen magnifier does itself not need an AT-SPI implementation.

do you know if the magnification API is going to be kept with / ported to AT-
SPI2? if so, then it would be possible to make use of that API with the kwin
magnification desktop effect (when used as an a11y aid) and when AT-SPI2
becomes available, nothing in kwin's code would need to change. but that
relies on the magnification API remaining stable ... (which i hope it would,
for the sake of other magnifiers out there)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se