adonthell-artwork

[Adonthell-artwork] Here I am! Sorry!

From: LunarBlade Valentine
Subject: [Adonthell-artwork] Here I am! Sorry!
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:48:41 +0000

Hi!

I'm very very very sorry for the time it took me!
Though I do not mean to give excuses, I wanted to apologize.
I have been accepted to a college in Canada for the Electronic Game Art & Design program (!), and things have been pretty crazy, as I prepare to move to Canada. In September/October thing will get especially hectic. I apologize in advance. *bows in apology many times*

But, on the better side of news; here are some sketches for more of the characters. Please don't think I've deserted the project!
I must apologize again for the long time it took me. *bow* *bow*

Now for the drawings!
-First, we have Abbot Tham: I imagine him as a frail-looking old man with a strong spirit. This is a very sketchy sketch, but I wanted him to be very thin, with long white hair, but bright, young eyes.

-The Lord of Uzdu'kal: I'm really bad with armour and weapons, so please forgive the helmet. I decided I wanted to try and give dwarves a distict look. I don't want them just to look like short, bearded men. That's why I tried to build their faces a little different. I don't know if I did I good job or not.

-Talan: Well, I tried to base him on the guy we see in Waste's Edge. Does he look like himself a little? Is it passable?

-Ah, Andre the Ranger: Do you think it's too dramatic? After reading about his history, I figured he doesn't say much to anyone about himself, and that he probably would like to hide his face when he can. Too much Anime, do you think? It's just an initial idea, and I can take off the scarf, if you want.
Is he supposed to be handsome?

-The Apothocary: "This is a pickle." as the Oracle said in Matrix. I really wasn't sure how to go about drawing him. There are two versions of both him and his partner. A younger version and an older one. Variations and suggestions are welcomed. I think he looks like a zombie! I really didn't know what kind of deformations might occure when you try all sorts of things on yourself. What do you think?

-The Neighbor: Do you think she should be thin? What kind of deformations does she has? I really didn't know what to do with her.

-Bregon: A detailed analasis of the elusive Bregon. ^_^ Maybe not.

-Thorig's Mace: I wanted to draw the mace (just to practice doing weapons), and I ended up drawing... an axe! What a silly mistake, eh? I decided to send it anyway, just in case there's something to do with a drawing of an axe. ^_^;

-Ynar: I think he turned out pretty dwarvish, don't you agree? I sorta like him here. Suggestions?

As I said before; there are just ideas, and all suggestions will be welcomed. Ideas, changes and whatnots will only help me get a better picture of the characters.

Thanks, and sorry again!
LunarBlade.

"Four be the things I am wiser to know: Idleness, sorrow, a friend and a foe. Four be the things I'd be better without: Love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker.
My fanart & fanfiction site; The Ancient Capital:
http://www.LunarBlade.com/