adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Flooring... ...well, perspective now, really.

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Flooring... ...well, perspective now, really.
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:28:41 -0500

Hi again!
I wasn't sure if everyone would understand my old mail. Obviously you
did! I even made a diagram to explain my ramblings. I'm gonna attach it
anyway (so I don't feel I wasted my time) and incase anyone else didn't
quite follow.

I was going to mention the implications for character movement, but you
beat me to it! I guess 2/3 and 3/4 shouldn't be too complex
calculations. I mean we don't need super precision or anything.

Gfx-wise - I hope I can get some demo gfx done soon-ish (but exams are
looming...) but I'm fairly confident NG and other characters modelled
after him will fit in fine. 41 degrees isn't that different from 45
degrees and characters don't have that much depth anyway so they aren't
too affected by all this anyway!

> To return to the original topic once more (and since I forgot to add
> this to the previous mail): that mountain demo is really cool as well.

Cheers. I think I might leave those gfx as they are since they'd fit in
with the new angle too.

Generally, I think gfx artists only need to be careful when designing
objects or buildings where the geometry is of some importance. For most
things you can just draw and not worry too much about exact
calculations. All of the 0.3 gfx were made that way! ;P

      -James

PS: Alex - Booyakasha! Big it up for da Adonthell massive!

image/pjpeg