Re: [Adonthell-devel] So close. . .!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] So close. . .!
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:08:26 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:27:56 -0500 Joseph Toscano wrote
> Thanks to Kai and Alex, I've gotten everything compiled and set up. I've got
> the Radeon framebuffer module loaded; it seems to be working fine. But! I
> fire up Adonthell, and I get a good ol' segfault. Augh!
>
> Audio started in 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo format.
> Using 16bpp depth: 320x240.
> exec_file: init load failed!
> Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
>
> Aieeee. I hope this is something pathetically simple that can be fixed right
> away. I need to play this demo, dangit. >D

Could be that you are missing the adonthell.py file (or have it wrongly
created) because of using SWIG 1.3.10. Unfortunately, I have installed
SWIG 1.3.10 myself in the meantime and overwritten the old file, so I
can't send it over.

However, I have stuff working with the new SWIG :). So just update your
code, recompile and reinstall. For the rest of you, that most likely means
that you have to update to the most recent version of SWIG.

If that does not help, you could try running 'adonthell -g /path/to/wastesedge'
instead of adonthell-wastesedge. Give the full path to the wastesedge CVS
checkout.

And if that isn't working either, you could try and configure adonthell with
the --enable-py-debug option turned on. Then make clean and recompile. That
should result in a more detailed error message to help us find the problem.