Re: [Adonthell-devel] New website download page completed

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New website download page completed
Date: 28 Dec 2001 14:09:18 +0100

> I'll generate the PDF and offline HTML documentation during the next few
> days and put it on the server. The question however is what to do with the
> online HTML docs. Should we keep them on the sourceforge webspace? Should
> we upload them at linuxgames.com or at Savannah? (I think the only way to
> have a website on Savannah is to check stuff into the web-cvs. Don't know
> if that is appropriate for the API doc.)

I think we should leave sourceforge definitely. Anyway the cron entry
I've put on the shell server is now broken, without reasons, so I can't
regenerate the doc automatically from there. Does savannah provides us a
shell service? If so, we could regenerate the doc weekly from the CVS
with doxygen. Else, we'll have to manually upload it from times to
times...

> The alternative is of course to have no online docs at all, but that's no
> real good idea, I guess.

Yeah. They give a good overview of the project and what's behind it.

> Anyway, tell me how you like the download section, and let me know what to
> do with the online docs.

It's simply perfect. Maybe we should try to have some packages? Debian
ones would be easy to build, I don't know shit about RPMs though...