Re: [Adonthell-devel] map!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] map!
Date: 13 Jan 2002 15:44:41 +0100

> Alex, can you please finish the map. As far a I can tell the only things
> that have to be done are making the veranda walkable (which would
> involve replacing the barn' outer gfx with the newer ones I sent u once)

Yeah, but I thought it was already clear that the veranda couldn't be
made walkable :/ I know it's a shame, but we'll have to find something
else. Maybe the player could simply say he could travel the veranda?

> and replacing the bit with the ladder that leads down from the barn's
> loft so that the ladder doesn't lead into hay like it does now.

Uh, just realised the tgz file you sent me regarding this just contained
a PNM file... But in the .xvpics (used to save thumbails) directory! :)
You can send it again if you want, but I'm not shocked by the stairs -
you REALLY need a falcon's eye to see something wrong ;)

Something else, about the barn side walls. I don't really get how they
should be placed, especially because the black gradient effect doesn't
appear on them - also there are back/front ones, what are they for?

> Those are the essential things (and you have one week! :P). In the
> unlikely event that you have some spare time a few extra bushes and
> plants outside would be nice too.

That shouldn't take too much time ;) I'll think about where to add them
and'll do it (but enough of Adonthell for today - instead I'll work a
bit lesson for my upcoming exams - I really have to!)