Re: [Adonthell-devel] controls, GUIs and stuff

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] controls, GUIs and stuff
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:45:51 +0000

Ricardo Colon wrote:

> Actually, I think the control scheme looks ok.
> SNES gamepad conventions are not the same as that for the PC.
>
> Placing "Run" as the R button is definitely a good idea. If you wanted
> to attack while running, it is far easier to hold down the R button and
> press Y(to attack), then it is to hold the lower right button and press
> the lower left button.
>
> By SNES convention, the jump button is in the right place.
>
> Personally, the only change that I'd like to see would be to switch the
> placement of the switch char and switch mode button. Just from
> playing so many SNES games, using Select as the button to switch
> modes and having L be used to switch characters seems to be the most
> natural choice.
>
> Ok, I hope this helps.

#
Sure, like I said how people choose to assign the buttons is entirely up
to them (although we can of course supply a selection of default
layouts).
But what do you think about the ideas in general? Would you be happy
with such a system and what would you change / improve?

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821