Re: [Adonthell-devel] Odd incident

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Odd incident
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:53:56 +0100 (CET)

On 12 Feb 2002 22:20:28 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> Mmmm. Older than I thought. But if he worked on Dark Sun, I seriously
> doubt he knows enough on open source development. And why the hell does
> he program in visual basic, if he participate to such a game? BTW, does
> Dark Sun looks like the screenshots he showed you? I thought it was a
> more recent game, at first. Looks a lot like Ultimas.

Yep, it's about the same age. I got out my Dark Sun 1 CD; that's what the
README says:

    Copyrights

    ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, AD&D, DARK SUN and the TSR logo are trademarks
    owned by TSR, Inc. and used under license from SSI, USA. All TSR characters,
    character names, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks owned
    by and used under license from SSI, Inc. (c) 1993, 1994 TSR, Inc.(c)
    1993,1994 Strategic Simulations, Inc. All rights reserved.

Guess Dark Sun Online is a little older, as there was a DS 2 in between
(which I don't have, neither do I have DSO itself. You cannot own any RPG
out there ;).)

> Maybe it could be a full account that we would check together? That
> would be less mails for you.

Well, that was the 3rd mail since v0.3 was release. The others were requests
for help, which are not hard to deal with. So for now I am fine.  But should it
get more, it's possibly the best. Although we then have to make sure that
not the two of us reply with mails of opposite content ;).