Re: [Adonthell-devel] Try it's working ;)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Try it's working ;)
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:35:23 GMT

>> Hello, this morning i've commited some stuff, Truetype
>> font support and callback improved
>
>Very nice! I have only tested the fonts right now. The only stuff I
>don't like is the black border which isn't well rendered. I just got
>SDL_ttf which seems to have quite a good rendering, I'll have a look
at
>it and try to improve it (improvments could also be done to font
>speed and memory occupation - don't worry much about keeping our old
>font format as we talked on phone, as it will probably be useless
after
>these improvments).

Yeah, it is quite cool; I tried it with the 'Adonthell' font
(inkburrow.ttf) and it looked impressive already. :)

I imagine the black border might come from libfreetype assuming that
the background is black (in which case a black border would make sense.
I haven't look into it, but there should be a way to change that.