Re: [Adonthell-devel] Try it's working ;)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Try it's working ;)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:58:22 +0100 (CET)

On 23 Feb 2002 14:29:05 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> btw, is this font freely redistributable? If so, can you please send it
> to me? (we could also include it in the next release to do some killer
> titles)

It is, I believe. Search the web for inkburrow.ttf. Then you'll know for
sure. It's nice for titles, and maybe when we want to have something that
looks like handwriting, but otherwise it's of little use.

> The other issue was with the time font rendering takes. This is because
> each time you build() the font, all the glyphs are rendered into images.
> Depending of the font, you can have PLENTY of glyphs (the one Joel
> attached had more than 500) and rendering is quite long - of course the
> biggest the font is, the longer the rendering is. Joel's case is quite
> extreme in that respect (the first font is very big). If we choose our
> fonts correctly, we shouldn't have problems though. Or we could also
> render the glyphs when they are used only, and keep them at hand for the
> next time they are needed.

I guess keeping a copy of the rendered font might be best. It's possibly
not as perfect as rendering it each time, but it'll be still good enough,
and quite fast ;).

> Btw, he did it again. "Kay" with an 'y'. He should be punished this time
> ;)

Haven't even noticed. Guess I'm getting used to it ... - the only solution
would be to exchange his 'i' and 'y' keys as it seems, and then the rest
of the mails would be harder to read.

Kai