Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug?
Date: 25 Feb 2002 13:53:27 +0100

> > On an unrelated plot note, it strikes me that one of the main "monsters"
> > in 0.4 would be bandits of various sorts.  Since a persistent problem with
> > bandits is mentioned in the last release, we might as well stay
> > consistent.
>
> Amazing. Never thought of that myself.

More generally, should we include "monsters"? Most fantasy games do this
(mainly because of a lack of imagination I'd say). Apart from classic
"bad" creatures (trolls, and so on) I'd say the threats for the players
should rather be groups of bandits, or tribes of orcs, and so on. These
ones would be identifiables - so you know who you deal with when you
fight - and the player could even have a reputation within them, which
would influence whether they will attack him or not. These groups would
have a living place, that the player could also visit (if allowed too)
to, say, recruit mercenaries. That way "monsters" are a widest part of
the world, and not only random-boring attackers.

Just a thought - but wouldn't be hard to implement, considering our
recent orientation.