Re: [Adonthell-devel] OS X port

From: Nils Hesse
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] OS X port
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:13:28 +0000

I'll be an OS X port wh0re, by the way. I've got it on an iBook (G3) and on
a PowerMac G4, so I can test it out if need be.

Kewl! Do you really, really need that PowerMac? ;) But anywayz, if ya wanna test, you should know that I don't use the standard out-of-the box os x installation... you'll need:

a) Mac OS X developer tools... i use the dec 2001 edition so you might wanna get them from apple's developer site (you need to register there though)... otherwise I'm sure the ones that came with OS X will be fine too

b) Fink --- get it at http://fink.sourceforge.net --- it's a little intimidating to use at first but you get use to it... once you're in dselect, you should get all sdl related packages (in section games), the python-nox (dunno which section... sorry) package and all the ogg vorbis packages (in section 'audio')... then you'll also need autconf25 (for the CVS adonthell version that is --- otherwise, for the current release [which doesn't seem to work properly] autoconf) and also automake... mind you, once I have some working binaries, you probably won't need autoconf and automake

c) the modified sources.... ;) I'll send you some updates once I get any further..

BTW, fink is really great for getting X11, gimp, gnome, KDE, etc working on mac os x... if you want, I can give you more info.

Regards,
r:Nilz