Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 19:17:47 +0200

On Wed, 1 May 2002 17:45:49 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> Well, my initial philosophy was to get the release working first so
> I'm working on the 0.3.2 sources atm... but from what I can
> understand, I'm probably best of using the CVS sources... now, this is
> rather embarrassing, I don't really know how to use CVS so if someone
> could give me a quick run down... :) Also, I need autoconf >= 2.5
> right?

Right.

Using CVS is quite easy, actually. First of all, you need to create what
is called a 'working directory'. That's a local copy of the CVS
contents.

Unless you are a registered at Savannah and added as developer to our
project, you can only get (anonymous) read access to the CVS repository.
All you need to do is:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/adonthell login

(there's no password; simply hit enter at the prompt)

2. Create your working directory

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/adonthell co \
adonthell

That'll create a directory called adonthell with the recent source code
inside. Whenever you want to update the code, cd into that directory and
run

cvs -z3 update

(The -z3 flag specifies that the stuff should be compressed with gzip
before it goes over the network)

Also note that you have to run autogen.sh to create the configure script
and makefiles, as they are not kept in CVS.

A very good reference for CVS is available at
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com btw.