Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows fullscreen mode

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows fullscreen mode
Date: 04 May 2002 20:15:39 +0200

> > Please do as many different tests as possible, and send the reports.
> > Also tell if you feel like it's accelerated! :)
>
> Okay, I tested under Win95 in 16bpp mode. The good news is, it does
> switch to fullscreen. The bad news is, it still does not work properly.
>
> In doublesize mode, it enters fullscreen, then quits. In normal mode it
> plays the music and I can obviously select entries from the game menu,
> but the screen stays black. And my monitor claims it is set to 640x480.

This reminds me something. But most images doesn't make anything else
than being blitted, so I don't think it's the same problem as what
happened in 32bpp mode.

> Another thing is that both stdout and stderr.txt contained absolutely
> nothing. When I deleted them, they were recreated, but empty.

Mmm, I think they are only actually written if the app quits properly.
Make you you quit the game the standard way - then you should have
something in stdout.txt.

How about windowed mode? You said it run, but you haven't sent the
stdout.txt. Is it created?

Mmm. I'm disapointed anyway. If others doesn't succeed, I'll make
another option to disable HW acceleration, so we can at least test
whether directx is used.