[Adonthell-devel] Switching to gcc 3.1?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Switching to gcc 3.1?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:29:16 +0200

Hi guys,

Yesterday I made the few changes necessary so Adonthell (well, alextest
so far) compiles with GCC 3.1. As this version is much more demanding on
the quality of code that the 2.95, I suggest we all switch to it and
develop with it. The code produced would compile without problems on
2.95, and the overall quality should improve.

As a proof of its stability, Mandrake now use it as the system compiler
(which hasn't been the case with 3.0). The discussions on GCC mailing
lists let no ambiguity: GCC 3.1 is the next major version.

The only problem I've met is that non-standard STL extensions have
changed namespace, from std to __gnu_cxx (I know, it's weird). The only
part where we use them are in str_hash.h, so this isn't really serious.

What do you guys think about this?