Re: [Adonthell-devel] libbase too much bloated?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] libbase too much bloated?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:37:39 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:42:24 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> There is something that worries me a little bit about libbase: it
> contains the character, quest, event and schedule classes. It is the
> right place for this? In my mind, this library only contains very
> basic stuff needed to correctly handle game directories and allow
> one-step higher level libraries (that is, gfx, audio, input, ...) to
> work.
>
> Is there anything that would speak about moving the character, quest
> and schedule stuff into another library? Maybe the RPG library would
> be suitable for this. After all, that's clearly RPG stuff.

I was considering this myself. characters and schedules should
definately go into a librpg. But for testing it was easier to have
everything in the same library.
> I guess this calls for discussion, as maybe everything shouldn't move
> into the same library (I'm especially thinking about the event stuff,
> which the input library could make use of, for example).

Events could probably stay in libbase, as they are widely used. Maybe
they can even get a library of their own. As events depend on python,
this might be the best. After all, libbase shouldn't depend on any other
of the libs.