Re: [Adonthell-devel] Memleaks!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Memleaks!
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:58:35 +0200

> The good news is that there seem to be no real memleaks, i.e. memory
> that is allocated and no longer referenced. That's probably the reason
> why memleak reported nothing. OTOH, there are 85 occasions where
> memory isn't free'd before quitting. I.e. it's no longer used, but
> there's still a pointer to it somewhere. I fixed one of those, but I
> doubt that we can get rid of all of them.

What does that mean? It it's not freed at exit this means there is
something wrong, either in one of our destructors, either in our Python
references count management, no? Of course, as long as it doesn't mess
up things during the gameplay, it's nearly ok.

> The main menu issue is the most grave of those, so I'll try to get rid
> of that at least.

Yeah, but you seem to say that Valgrind hasn't reported that as a
memleak, which afraids me. It's a memleak, obviously! I guess we forget
to py_decref it somewhere. Or maybe we could do a del in the Python even
launched when we quit the menu (if any).

Oh, I'll have a look at Valgrind myself, to see if it's that good! :)