[Adonthell-devel] Fw: Wastesedge build failure

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Fw: Wastesedge build failure
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:36:19 +0200

Hi guys,

Gordon has an interesting issue that happens on some machines. Although
I don't really know where it come from, all I can say is that I have the
same issues with the few Zaurus builds I've made. In my case it came (I
think) from the fact that I use a custom Python directory (i.e. not /usr
or /usr/local). Maybe this user is doing the same? Setting PYTHONHOME
correctly (to the root of the Python installation) fixes any problem.
Also, running the Python interpreter just makes the same problems - as
it doesn't find Python's root directory, you just can't import anything.
So this rather looks like a Python problem to me. Maybe this user can
give more details about his Python installation and whether the
interpreter runs correctly or not? Or does any of the ML guys know more
about this?

Alex.

Begin forwarded message: