Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item templates, items and item instances

From: Sasha Kushnirenko
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item templates, items and item instances
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:29:46 +0300

Hi,

> Of course there are other cases that aren't as easy. 'Upgrading' for
> example, because we will most likely change the item template (e.g from
> weapon to magic_weapon) but need to keep the old attributes of weapon
> (so that an axe turns into a magic axe, not into a magic sword or
> somesuch) and only fill in some new ones.

Perhaps you can expand the same idea here with "magic template".  (Now I'm
not really sure if the thing I write are implementable).  But "magic" has a
uniform set of attributes (At least for 95%) : fire resistance, magic
resistance, bonus hit points, bonus armor poins and so on.  So from "magic"
side there may be a lot of commonality between "magic club", "magic sword"
and "magic cloack".

Of course there can be very unique magic properties: like "view orcs from
distance" which does not fit, but those probably can be solved individually
as similar to very odd "items"

Sasha.