Re: [Adonthell-devel] Unicode stuff on 0.4 branch

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Unicode stuff on 0.4 branch
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:54:43 +0100

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 02:20:54 +0100 joël vennin wrote:

> Hello all, I've just commit a fresh version for unicode support. I've
> commited in 0.4 branch. There is some display bugs... But the core is
> ok. I can add some constant which define RED, YELLOW, WHITE, BLACK ...
> Can you test the joltest and tell me if you're font country is Ok.

Cool. Works perfectly :). Can type characters like 'ä' or 'ß' without
problems.

Just one thing: when compiling with gcc 2.95, wstring wasn't defined.
Had to use 3.2 to get it to compile.

As wstring is nothing more than a typedef

    typedef basic_string <wchar_t> wstring;

it shouldn't be a problem to define it ourselves if required. Otherwise
it's okay.

As far as the colors are concerned, I don't think any predefined colors
will be required. As long as it is possible to define the color as an
int32 value (like 0x000000 for black), that'll be okay. That way, one
has much more freedom in chosing a certain color.