Re: [Adonthell-devel] On item slots and equipping items

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] On item slots and equipping items
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:26:54 +0100

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:34:29 +0100 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> in Diablo you can equip two sets of weapons and switch between these
> quickly (via hotkey). Do we want to include something like that? Or at
> least a melee and a ranged combat slot, so the player can quickly
> adapt?

I guess that's what those "quick item" slots are for that we talked
about at the summer meeting. I imagine that a weapon or armour assigned
to a quick slot would be equipped when "using" the quick slot. (Unlike
potions that would be consumed or spells that would be cast).

Anyway, stuff like that is rather an issue of the GUI, I think and not
part of the lowlevel code. (Another thing I'm waiting for, this GUI spec
Ben wanted to write)