Re: [Adonthell-devel] On item slots and equipping items

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] On item slots and equipping items
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:42:16 +0100

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:26:54PM +0100, Kai Sterker wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:34:29 +0100 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:
>
> > in Diablo you can equip two sets of weapons and switch between these
> > quickly (via hotkey). Do we want to include something like that? Or at
> > least a melee and a ranged combat slot, so the player can quickly
> > adapt?
>
> I guess that's what those "quick item" slots are for that we talked
> about at the summer meeting. I imagine that a weapon or armour assigned
> to a quick slot would be equipped when "using" the quick slot. (Unlike
> potions that would be consumed or spells that would be cast).
>
> Anyway, stuff like that is rather an issue of the GUI, I think and not
> part of the lowlevel code. (Another thing I'm waiting for, this GUI spec
> Ben wanted to write)

Hi There,
Thing is with that GUI doc that I got to a point where I realized that to go
further, the rules would not only have to be more detailed, but also expanded
by far. This got me rethinking the rules...
Well, and then I got stuck with other stuff, and didn't really make any
progress.
In future though, I'd like to concentrate on the graphics work, as much as I
enjoy doing the rules design, I just don't have the time. So I suggest that I
send to the list what I have done so far, which is quite a bit (maybe clean it
up a little bit) and you guys can take off from there, ok?

Cheers,

BEN