[Adonthell-devel] Quick'n dirty combat test

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Quick'n dirty combat test
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:54:13 +0100

After giving each character a melee damage for unarmed combat, I had
enough information to do some simple melee combat. So I implemented the
old combat rules and wrote a little script where you can create two
beasts and let them fight against each other.

As far as balancing is concerned, I noticed the following: if one
creature's parry value is much higher than the other's attack value,
it'll almost ever win, even if it has much less health.
If the chances to hit are fairly equal, then the stronger creature often
wins, which should be okay.

But see for yourself!

Note that a lot of features, like armed combat and usage of fighting
feats are still missing. They should make things much more interesting.