[Adonthell-devel] Handling edge pixels on scanned images.

From: Sasha Kushnirenko
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Handling edge pixels on scanned images.
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:39:50 +0300

Hi,

I finally managed to interest 2 possible artists to make drawings.  They
draw images on white paper, which is scanned afterwards.  We got around
"purple noise" problem following instructions from "Adothell Graphics
Manual"
http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-artwork/2002-09/msg00014.html

But as images are drawn on white paper and scanned - all images suffer the
same problem - edge pixels are usually some lightish color (mix of white
paper background and for example brown hair foreground color) .  So all
images have "whitish border" 1 pixel wide around them.  This border is
clearly seen when placed on green background.

Is there a simple way to get rid of those pixels.  We use gimp to
manipulate images.

Sasha.