[Adonthell-devel] Plans for the following weeks ...

From: ksterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Plans for the following weeks ...
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:31:36 +0200

Just to keep you updated ...

This weekend, I want to start with a little quest editor that allows creating
the quest structure and log entries.

Questedit will be a seperate app, but it should interface with dlgedit, so that
one can easily add or modify quest steps while creating dialogues. I guess that
I will put its gui into a shared lib that can be used by dlgedit too. As
libbase already contains all the functionality for loading shared libs, that
should be easy to do.

As I plan to use GTK+ 2.4 for the new editor, I'll have to update dlgedit first
to work with that version. (First I've got to install it on the iBook, though;
currently I only have running 2.0 there).

The tools will go into a new module in CVS: tools (or adonthell-tools?).

On a different note: this weekend I should be able to retrieve the DB I've
already created for the PHP-version of our website. So I can finally hand them
over to whoever wants to port it.

Also I want to put up something to attract new developers, so that things move
along a little faster once more.

Only I am not sure how much I'll actually manage, as I also have a few other
things to do. Perhaps I think too much about stuff lately, 'cause a few days
ago I dreamed that some guys forked off Bedonthell and had already something
playable out ... quite nice, actually ;-).

Cheers,