Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug reports ?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug reports ?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:18:42 +0100

On Dec 24, 2007 10:56 AM, Clément Plantier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry to bother you again,

No worries :-). Anything that is constructive is very welcome!

> but I was wondering why you don't use some
> bug managing system, like bugzilla ?

We do: http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=adonthell

But its main purpose is to make us aware of bugs our users have found.
I assume we could also use it to track bugs we discovered internally.
But given the number of active developers, it's not really necessary.

Posting bugs on the mailing list OTOH will catch more attention. (As
far as I know, I am the only one who receives notifications from the
bug tracker anyway.) And unless there aren't many of them, chances are
good that we don't miss any, especially when keeping track of them at
a central place
(http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Bugfixes) where they
get additional exposure to potentially new developers.